Tuesday, March 1, 2011

She's got legs..

I started working out again just over a week ago. I am not hard core. I usually rock out to Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift or my new favorite, Mumford and Sons and run about 1.3 miles. Or I do the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. Well, Jillian is actually just On Demand, she's not really here. On Saturday I ran 2.13 miles at the gym, and watched Tom and the kids thru the window swimming in the pool. It was the perfect venue. Kept me motivated and happy, watching my little nuclear family being fit and frolicking in the deep end. Then we played kickball in the gym. Just the 5 of us. There was a lot of laughing and crying and screaming. But suuuuuuuper fun. My husband is super competitive and absolutely whaled me not once, but twice with the kickball, to get me out. He then declared himself the mvp of the game and we went home. We had gone to church that day and I want to say we had cheeseburgers and my favorite Alexia olive oil fries and veggies and dip. It was all in all a great day.

Last night I got up with Meghan and her very itchy legs at 3:30 in the morning. Or it went more like this... Meghan calls for me, and I get out of bed. And collapse on the floor. Full blown wipeout. My legs just completely didn't work. I was able to rally and walk the 70 yards or so to her room to repeatedly apply vaseline to her extremely itchy legs and went back to bed. Today I feel like my muscles have been shortened but the bones in my legs have remained the same length. And I'm convinced I have a thrombosis in my left leg. So today I took the day off. Hoping to get back at it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thrombosis, you say. Well that would be a real shame. A real shame.

    ReplyDelete