Thursday, March 3, 2011

oy

Yesterday my 7 year old son asked me "what does getting stoned mean?" Inwardly groaning, and knowing full well that this is to be covered in next years' health curriculum, I took a second to ask him where he heard it. Turns out his CCD teacher told him that when Jesus was alive, people were stoned to death. Whew. That's an easy one. God forbid we have the sex, drugs and rock and roll conversation. I told him that it was a form of punishment that would happen a long time ago because people didn't know any better.  Lame, but it sufficed.

Later that day, he told me that Ellie in his class, doesn't have a mom and dad, but has 2 dads. "How does that happen?" Again, a long pause while gathering my thoughts for the appropriate response. He answered it himself. "Oh wait, she was adopted." Uptight Catholic Parenting Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment