Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Can't seem to find what I'm looking for

I have been on a little bit of a writing hiatus, as well as a renovating/decorating hiatus. Also suffering from a bit of writer's block. Here's what I've been rearranging as of late. Bought the wrong size rug for my living room. So we moved it to Meghan's room, which looks great and has given her a whole new reason to tantrum when I won't allow her to sleep on the new rug. I moved the burgandy beast of a wrong carpet purchase from the living room which I am trying to lighten up and beachify and into the dining room. Definitely gives it a more traditional vibe, but it works for now. Mentally shopping a Dash and Albert rug for the living room.
See the burgandy? I hate it. I thought it was red at the store, and I never return things, so I've lived with it and hated it for a year. Moved it across the hall to the dining room. It kind of anchors the room, and is not quite as obnoxious.


I love the way this light rug looks but it is way too small...

I think I may finally bite the bullet and buy a Dash and Albert rug, which will give me so much joy in my heart, but it's a definite splurge. Below is the same rug, but in Meghan's room. A much better fit. Besides, we'd have trashed this in about 4 days.


1 comment:

  1. The light one looked pretty in the living room, but yeah, probably too high traffic. The only dash and albert I know are Mr Incredible's son, and Bill Cosby's cartoon character, but if they make a nice carpet, I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete