Friday, September 2, 2011

Random

The kids are on day 2 of being back at school. Yesterday I took a completely lazy kid-free day, caught up on my MTV Challenge Reunion, ate several cupcakes and went grocery shopping. Today I felt like I needed to try to earn my keep around here. I had to strip away the old calk and dig out all the junk around the tub again because I used the wrong kind last time. I did the "cyclical" chores that are neverending, like emptying and refilling the dishwasher, laundry (and actually put it away - bonus!), cleaned the kids' bathroom (well, halfway), and finished organizing Christopher's room, and went to Whole Foods to round out our groceries. I need a new cell phone because mine is completely dead and I think I'm going to stick with an old school phone, with texting. As much as I drool for an iphone, I think the added web access will just serve as additional distraction for me. Plus, the addtional monthly charge isn't that appealing.

I have to go get the kids in a few minutes. Meghan cried again this morning and had to be pulled away by her teacher. Brutal. I have a had an anxious stomach all day. When I emptied her lunch box yesterday, I saw that she, for the second year now, won't throw her trash away in the cafeteria trash bins. There are all kinds of rules about recycling, liquids, trash, finishing healthy snacks before treats, etc. All things that we take for granted as status quo, but that scare the crap out of a brand new first grader. I told her that if she wants to bring her trash home (I know, I'm a total enabler) that she needs to dispose of it as soon as we get home. She burst into tears and told me that if you're not finished with your lunch when the kids that are lined up go outside, you have to go by yourself. Great. Now I'm afraid that she's not going to eat her lunch so she can get in line in time. And they don't have snack time, since lunch is smack in the middle of the day. Anyhoots, that's where we are Day 2. The big kids love their teachers and all is back to normal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment