Saturday, June 18, 2011

Play Ball

This picture warms my soul. Tom coached Christopher's baseball team this spring. This picture says it all. Father pitching to son in the instructional league of Little League. He loved it and it really made Christopher love the game. He put his heart, and spirit and love for the game into coaching. I see my husband and his dad together and they are total pals. They love going to Yankee games together and watching any and all sports together. Their phone conversations are about all of the New York teams. It's like from a bygone era. His dad is from the Bronx, and like anyone who grew up near Yankee stadium, the love of the game is coursing through their veins. I see my husband passing this relationship on to my son. It's great. He's a great dad. Happy Father's Day.

1 comment: