Thursday, November 11, 2010

Boots

I make poor shopping decisions. I can want something so bad for like, 2 years, and never buy it. Just keep talking about it. But weird fabric? I'll take it. I barely sew. Uncomfortable shoes? Several pairs. I have had a problem for years at the Gap buying unflattering clothing off the sale rack.  And rest assured, after months of researching on Ebay, I will undoubtedly pay too much for the wrong size Pottery Barn Kids curtains. I'm also a brand whore, and it's taken me until this year to NOT buy something just because it's from J. Crew.

I have been wanting a good pair of rainboots for a couple of years now. I finally buckled a few years ago and bought myself a kids raincoat for $7. It gets the job done, and you can spot me from a mile away in a sea of oversized golf umbrellas at school pickup. And now onto rainboots. I bought myself a pair of uncomfortable adorable navy blue rainboots for $15. Well, they hurt. And my feet freeze in them. But they are navy blue and have these great little blue whales on them. I pictured myself wearing them at my summer house. Did I mention I don't have a summer house? And that they squeeze my feet? So I have been shopping good boots. Not Hunters, can't spend that kind of money on something that will surely make my feet sweat and paralyze my calves. But a nice, lined cozy pair, Maybe mid calf height. So I've been internet researching, going to Nordstrom, trying to figure it all out.

This morning I woke up, to the pitter patter of freezing rain hitting my window. Oh shit. I never did get those boots. I guess I'll just wear my winter boots to drop off the kids at school. Voila. My feet were dry and cozy. And I was ok with it, because it's November. So here's my issue.. I basically need a pair of October rain boots. But I guess I'll deal with that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment