Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Know This Much is True

We had a very crazy 2 weeks. This will be the abridged version of things that I will hopefully be writing about in the next few weeks.

  • I am not awesome in a crisis. I did however, surprise myself by being more of a half full than half empty during the Pre-Halloween N'Oreaster, Storm Albert and subsequent 9 day power outage.
  • I am not nearly as graceful or brave as my children during a stomach bug. I cry, wretch and carry on. Until I realize that one of my own is there in the trenches with me, barfing up his guts. It activated my mommy response and I was able to rise to the occasion.
  • I don't find candlelight or fireplaces nearly as charming as I used to. I have a renewed empathy for people who go without. I understand now why you hear about people burning down their apartment buildings and homes trying desperately to keep their families warm. We were lucky that during the day the temperature didn't dip below 50 but the nights were cold.
  • These are things I can live without (in an emergency)... cable tv, hot food, telephone, heat overnight when I am in bed....
  • These are things I can NOT live without (in an emergency)... hot water, coffee, web access, heat in the evening and enough candlelight to read by.
  • I am truly grateful that we had a full sized warm home to relocate to on the Cape when we needed it. As well as invites from family to stay with them.
  • I yell too much and need to find some kind of self soothing methods, whether it's yoga, meditation or taking up smoking, something's got to give. If I've learned nothing from the people around me, including my immediate family, is that you never know what life's gonna throw at you, and you better be able to handle it.

5 comments:

  1. Cpu máy tính là một trong những thiết bị không thể thiếu của một bộ máy tính để bàn trọn bộ. Có khá nhiều người chọn mua cpu máy tính khi cần nâng cấp hoặc khi cần thay thế cho cpu máy tính của mình bị hỏng. Tuy nhiên không phải ai cũng có kinh nghiệm trong việc chọn mua cpu máy tính tốt nhất. Vậy, nếu bạn cũng đang quan tâm tới thông tin này. Hãy tham khảo thông tin ở bài viết dưới đây nhé
    Kinh nghiệm hay để chọn mua cpu máy tính tốt nhất

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vâng, cửa lưới chống muỗi à một thiết bị có công dụng chống muỗi ngày nay được nhiều người lựa chọn để chống muỗi cho gia đình mình nói chung và không gian phòng ngủ nói riêng.
    Cách chọn cửa lưới chống muỗi phù hợp với vị trí lắp đặt và không gian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Địa chỉ bán cửa lưới chống muỗi dạng cuốn ở đây uy tín đây hẳn là thông tin những ai đang có dự định tìm mua thiết bị này quan tâm. Bởi để tìm địa chỉ bán cửa lưới chống muỗi dạng cuốn với những ai chưa có kinh nghiệm thì không phải là việc đơn giản. Vậy, cách tìm địa chỉ bán thiết bị này như thế nào, làm sao để nhận diện đó là một địa chỉ cung cấp thiết bị uy tín. Tất cả thông tin sẽ được chúng tôi làm rõ hơn ở bài viết này
    Địa chỉ bán cửa lưới chống muỗi dạng cuốn ở đâu uy tín

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learn English Vocabulary at the website Englishtivi.com. The best website to learn English. English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com English Vocabulary - Englishtivi.com #vocabulary, #englishvocabulary, #english_vocabulary, #english_vocabulary_englishtivi,#vocabulary_englishtivi, #Englishtivi,#english_tivi

    ReplyDelete