Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thief

I was all set to write another mom driven sepia fuzzy memory blog today. Instead I am livid and scared and exhausted from finding out that a young woman was raped and assaulted in my neighborhood this morning at 7 am. She was jogging. She jogged through my neighborhood, a half a block from my kids' school and was pulled into the bushes by some creep in front of my daughter's classmate's home. On a main street. In the rain. I am sick over this.
We bought our house in this picture perfect neighborhood, one of the United States top 8 up and coming cities to live in. Our schools are excellent. The cost of living is good. We are less than a mile from Hartford. I want to blame this on living so close to a crime laiden city. But I'm pretty sure the pervert that did this isn't some inner city kid. He's described as a thin, 5'10" man around the age of 40. He's not just a rapist. He's a thief that took so much from that poor girl today. And he has impacted an entire neighborhood of people trying to do the right thing for their families. My kids aren't allowed to ride their bikes without us anymore. I don't want them playing right out in front of my house on the swing hanging from our tree. I'm so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment